[Dovecot] ManageSieve and invalid scriptname

Miguel Filho miguel.filho at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 14:51:48 EET 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 10:02 AM, Steffen Kaiser
<skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-brs.de> wrote:
> Do the migration pysieved -> managesieve like so:
>
> + Connect with an user without .dovecot.sieve symlink to managesieved.
> + Upload a new script.
> + Check where the script has been filed into.
> + Then replicate the structure for each user and rename the existing file
> into "phpsieve.sieve" (phpsieve is the name of the script) and adjust the
> ~/.dovecot.sieve symlink to point there.

That is what I'm trying to avoid.

My original problem is this:
sieve-storage: Active sieve script symlink
/home/admsis/miguel/.dovecot.sieve is broken: invalid scriptname
(points to .sieve/phpscript).

1) The link is correct
2) cmusieve works fine with a link pointing to a file WITHOUT .sieve at the end.

When the ManageSieve patch follows the .dovecot.sieve link it
complains that the file does not end in .sieve. So, I'm asking if
there is a real point doing this restriction or the guilt is pysieved
for not creating a file with a .sieve at the end.

If the pysieved is guilt, than I will have to rename all scripts
already installed :-(

Regards,

Miguel