[Dovecot] Panic in 1.1.6 file ioloop.c: line 206

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Nov 30 04:22:11 EET 2008

On Fri, 2008-11-28 at 09:24 +0100, Laurent Blume wrote:
> Here are the logs immediately preceding the panic, I think they're
> related. It seems the user connected simultaneously from two different
> clients, from his own computer and a webmail running on the server, then
> manipulated mail folders on one side, and logged out. The panic occurred
> 3 seconds after the logout.
>
> Is there a setting I might have missed that could avoid that?

No.

> Nov 27 19:25:59 balif dovecot: [ID 107833 local2.error] IMAP(user):
> stat() failed with mbox file /home/user/r&AOk-union-DA: No such file or
> directory

These errors shouldn't be logged. This should fix it:
http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.1/rev/e24a2528ce21

> Nov 27 19:26:02 balif dovecot: [ID 107833 local2.crit] Panic: file
> ioloop.c: line 206: assertion failed: (tv_r->tv_sec >= 0 &&
> tv_r->tv_usec >= 0)

I can't really think of why this would have happened. You wouldn't
happen to have a core dump available from this? That would be very
helpful in figuring out why this happened.

But anyway I did some changes to that code, maybe it'll give a different
assert-crash the next time:
http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.1/rev/75f36619846f