[Dovecot] Dovecot auth-worker permission denied.

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Nov 30 04:24:56 EET 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-26 at 15:52 -0600, Romer Ventura wrote:
>     I followed the tutorials from the wiki page from:
> http://www.linuxmail.info/active-directory-dovecot-pam-authentication/

I don't know much about Kerberos, but:

> Nov 26 15:12:27 housigma20 dovecot: auth-worker(default):
> pam(linuxt,127.0.0.1): pam_authenticate() failed: Permission denied

PAM plugin fails by giving "Permission denied" error. Perhaps PAM's own
logs would show something more? /var/log/auth.log or something similar.

dovecot-auth processes are running as root anyway I guess? Then there
really shouldn't be any permission problems, so I guess it's some kind
of a PAM/Kerberos misconfiguration.