[Dovecot] Relay-Ctrl, error message

Wouter van der Schagt wouter at vdschagt.com
Sun Nov 30 13:30:24 EET 2008

Hi all,

I'm trying to get Relay-Ctrl to work (as explained on
http://wiki.dovecot.org/HowTo/PopBSMTPAndDovecot), however when i add:

mail_executable: /usr/local/bin/envdir /etc/relay-ctrl
/usr/local/bin/relay-ctrl-chdir /usr/local/bin/dovecot-settcpremoteip
/usr/local/bin/relay-ctrl-allow /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap

to /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf I get the following error message when doing
dovecot -n

Error: Error in configuration file /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf line 126:
Expecting '='
Fatal: Invalid configuration in /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf

So I'm guessing i misplaced the line somewhere in the config file. Where
should it be placed? Does it work for both pop3 and imap?

Sincerely,
- Wouter van der Schagt