[Dovecot] quota warnings clarification

Ian B porjo38 at yahoo.com.au
Wed Oct 1 03:48:50 EEST 2008

> Well... the main use for Quotas is for rejecting NEW
> messages at
> delivery time - not for controlling a static set of
> mailboxes.
>
> Are you saying you didn't even test by sending yourself
> a test message?
>
> --

The way I was testing was by setting the quota warning threshold low like 1%,2%,3% then sending myself test messages to try and generate a warning message. I would open my inbox in Thunderbird and see the quota level reach 1%,2% etc but no warning message. It was only when I actually deleted a message from my inbox (move to trash) that a warning was generated.

      Make the switch to the world's best email. Get Yahoo!7 Mail! http://au.yahoo.com/y7mail