[Dovecot] shared mailboxes in 1.2 question

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Oct 6 12:18:57 EEST 2008

On Oct 6, 2008, at 3:32 AM, Robert Schetterer wrote:

> namespace shared {
>  separator = /
>  # %%u gets expanded to the remote user. Instead of %%u you can
>  # also use %%n and %%d.
>  prefix = "shared/"
>  location =
> maildir:/usr/local/virtual/%d:CONTROL=/usr/local/virtual/%d:INDEX=/
> usr/local/virtual/%d

%d gets expanded immediately when user logs in. So if your user is
user at domain, this gets expanded to:

maildir:/usr/local/virtual/domain:CONTROL=..etc..

With %%d it would expand to the destination user's domain, but I don't
think you want that either. If your users' mailboxes are in /usr/local/
virtual/%d/%n and you want them to be accessed, you'll need to use /
usr/local/virtual/%%d/%%n as the path.

> but instead only shared is shown in thunderbird

Unless you manually subscribe to the shared mailboxes, they're not
visible to clients. Mailbox listing isn't supported currently.