[Dovecot] Dlopen errors

CJ Keist cj.keist at colostate.edu
Mon Oct 6 19:44:38 EEST 2008

Timo,
    Thank you for updating the MainConfig web page.

This is what I decided to put in for that value.  Currently dovecot runs
about 4 days before it starts to fail authenticating users.  I did a
quick count on how many times auth-worker is called to authenticate a
user, I'm averaging about 50K times a day (M-F).  So I'm putting in
20,000 for the "auth_worker_max_request_count" so that it only restarts
the dovecot-auth process 2 or 3 times each day.
   If anyone else has better suggestions for this value, I'd would love
to hear it.

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-10-06 at 08:53 -0600, CJ Keist wrote:
> Timo,
>    Thanks.  Is there a good rule of thumb of what value I should put in
> for this?
>
>> The lower it is, the more CPU Dovecot uses by restarting the
>> dovecot-auth processes. But if it's too large, you'll get these
>> failures. So I don't know, try 1000?
>
> The http://wiki.dovecot.org/MainConfig doesn't talk about
> this config parameter.
>
>> That's generated from dovecot-example.conf. Looks like I forgot to
>> update it to be generated from v1.1, changed now. Wonder how I'd
>> remember to do the same thing after v1.2.0 is released. :)

- --
C. J. Keist                     Email: cj.keist at colostate.edu
UNIX/Network Manager            Phone: 970-491-0630
Engineering Network Services    Fax:   970-491-5569
College of Engineering, CSU
Ft. Collins, CO 80523-1301

All I want is a chance to prove 'Money can't buy happiness'