[Dovecot] Initial support for shared mailboxes

Sascha Wilde wilde at intevation.de
Wed Oct 8 13:54:59 EEST 2008

Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> writes:
> On Sep 30, 2008, at 6:08 PM, Sascha Wilde wrote:
[...]
>> So I guess what is needed is a new userdb backend which is explicitly
>> runs an arbitrary external program to get the user data (instead of
>> caching the passdb results).
>
> Right. Perhaps the passdb checkpassword code could be used as userdb
> too, just with an added extra variable specifying if it's a passdb or
> a userdb lookup.

I just started to work on this feature and for testing purpose I wrote a
very simple dummy checkpassword program.  But I have a problem setting
the UID and GID:

I'm using:

    userdb_uid=12345
    userdb_gid=12345
    EXTRA="userdb_uid userdb_gid"
    export userdb_uid userdb_gid EXTRA

according to http://wiki.dovecot.org/PasswordDatabase/CheckPassword but
then I get an internal login failure.  From the dovecot log:

Oct 08 12:42:02 burlywood3 <info> dovecot[3804]: auth(default): prefetch(1 at example.com,192.168.11.254): success
Oct 08 12:42:02 burlywood3 <info> dovecot[3804]: auth(default): master out: USER        31 at example.com home=/kolab/var/dovecot/spool/1 at example.com/home     uid=0   gid=0   uid=19415 gid=19415
Oct 08 12:42:02 burlywood3 <error> dovecot[3804]: uid specified multiple times for 1 at example.com

So am I missing something or is this dovecot extension currently broken?

cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde                                          OpenPGP key: 4BB86568
http://www.intevation.de/~wilde/                  http://www.intevation.de/