[Dovecot] Auth Issues - Urgent - Help!

David Cunningham davec at mecnet.net
Wed Oct 8 16:40:02 EEST 2008

Here is my dovecot -n:

# 1.1.3: /etc/dovecot.conf
log_path: /var/log/dovecot
info_log_path: /var/log/dovecot-info
login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable(default): /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
login_executable(imap): /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
login_executable(pop3): /usr/libexec/dovecot/pop3-login
login_greeting: MECnet Mail System, Authorized Use Only, Please Log In.
login_process_per_connection: no
login_process_size: 1024
login_max_processes_count: 1024
login_max_connections: 1024
max_mail_processes: 50000
verbose_proctitle: yes
first_valid_uid: 50
mail_uid: 93
mail_gid: 12
mail_location: maildir:/var/spool/maildirs/%d/%n/Maildir
mail_executable(default): /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap
mail_executable(imap): /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap
mail_executable(pop3): /usr/libexec/dovecot/pop3
mail_process_size: 1024
mail_plugins(default): quota imap_quota
mail_plugins(imap): quota imap_quota
mail_plugins(pop3):
mail_plugin_dir(default): /usr/lib64/dovecot/imap
mail_plugin_dir(imap): /usr/lib64/dovecot/imap
mail_plugin_dir(pop3): /usr/lib64/dovecot/pop3
namespace:
   type: private
   prefix: INBOX.
   inbox: yes
   list: yes
   subscriptions: yes
auth default:
   verbose: yes
   passdb:
     driver: ldap
     args: /etc/dovecot-ldap.conf
plugin:
   quota: maildir

My buddy and I found

#define DB_LDAP_MAX_QUEUE_SIZE 1024

in the db-ldap.h file in the source.

We believe we hitting this threshold for some reason.  So, we are
looking to increase this to 8192.  However, when trying to build the
RPM source from atrpms, I get this:

# rpmbuild -ba dovecot.spec
error: line 1: Unknown tag: %bcond_without inotify

Any help?

Dave