[Dovecot] shared mailboxes in 1.2 question

Sascha Wilde wilde at intevation.de
Wed Oct 8 18:39:39 EEST 2008

Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> writes:

> On Oct 8, 2008, at 5:33 PM, Sascha Wilde wrote:
>
>> s002 subscribe "users/1 at example.com/blablabla"
>> s002 NO [TRYCREATE] Mailbox doesn't exist: users/1 at example.com/
>> blablabla
>
> I think this should have worked, I'll look into it.

IMO the other one:
 s001 subscribe "users/1 at example.com/INBOX/blablabla"
should have worked.

Or is the default namespace prefix "INBOX/" instead of empty?
Furthermore, please notice the different error: when the mailbox exists
dovecot claims "Invalid mailbox name" otherwise it says "[TRYCREATE]
Mailbox doesn't exist" which is indeed true.

>> s102 select users/1 at example.com/INBOX/blablabla
>> * OK [CLOSED]
>> s102 NO Invalid mailbox name
>
> Assuming INBOX/ is the namespace prefix,

see above, I assume the namespace prefix is empty.
From the configuration:

namespace private {
   separator = /

   # Prefix required to access this namespace. This needs to be different for
   # all namespaces. For example "Public/".
   #prefix =

   inbox = yes
}

so prefix is not set, which means, it is set to the default.  (Which I
believe to be empty, the comments suggest that, too).

cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde                                          OpenPGP key: 4BB86568
http://www.intevation.de/~wilde/                  http://www.intevation.de/