[Dovecot] postfix/dovecot/mysql quotas not working, default dovecot.conf does.

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Oct 8 22:27:38 EEST 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-07 at 20:03 -0400, dovecot at corwyn.net wrote:
> I've been testing using telnet and getquotaroot. when I define the
> quota in dovecot.conf
>    quota = dirsize

Note that dirsize is superslow with maildir. quota=maildir is much
better.

> user_query = \
>     SELECT 1015 as uid, 105 as gid, '/var/spool/mail/%d/%n' as home, \
>     'maildir:/var/spool/mail/%d/%n/Maildir' as mail, \
>     'dirsize' as quota, \

There's no need to duplicate "quota" here. It's already in plugin
section.

>     concat('*:storage=', quota, 'B') as quota_rule, \

Looks correct. A bit simpler would be concat('*:bytes=',quota)

Enable auth_debug=yes and mail_debug=yes and look at the logs. It should
show quota_rule being sent as part of "master out" line.