[Dovecot] dovecot 1.2: dict no longer really support DICT_ITERATE_FLAG_RECURSE

Bernhard Herzog bh at intevation.de
Thu Oct 9 18:15:28 EEST 2008

Hi,

In dovecot 1.1, I could use DICT_ITERATE_FLAG_RECURSE when iterating over a
dict to retrieve all entries that start with a given prefix.  This doesn't
seem to work anymore in the new dict implementation in dovecot 1.2.  Looking
at the SQL queries actually generated, it seems as if dovecot 1.1 used to
generate queries that use pattern matching (key LIKE "my/prefix/%") whereas
dovecot 1.2 does not, so it's no wonder that it doesn't work in 1.2.

This probably has to do with the pattern matching for dict keys in the config
file.  It would be enough for my purposes at the moment -- i.e. getting the
metadata plugin to work with dovecot 1.2 -- if recursion were only possible
for the last of fields in the pattern.

Regards,

   Bernhard

--