[Dovecot] dovecot 1.2: dict no longer really support DICT_ITERATE_FLAG_RECURSE

Bernhard Herzog bh at intevation.de
Thu Oct 9 18:28:32 EEST 2008

On 09.10.2008, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Oct 9, 2008, at 6:15 PM, Bernhard Herzog wrote:
> > This probably has to do with the pattern matching for dict keys in
> > the config
> > file.  It would be enough for my purposes at the moment -- i.e.
> > getting the
> > metadata plugin to work with dovecot 1.2 -- if recursion were only
> > possible
> > for the last of fields in the pattern.
>
> I remember thinking about this and I thought I did something similar.
> What kind of dict keys/configuration do you need now?

I currently use a configuration like this:

map {
  table = dict
  pattern = shared/$key
  value_field = value
  username_field = username
  fields {
    key = $key
  }
}

There's a similar entry for a priv/$key pattern.  This was the most obvious
way of getting the metadata plugin to work with dovecot 1.2.

key contains the mailbox name followed by the annotation name.  When doing a
recursive iteration, the key only contains the mailbox name and thus the
iteration returns all the annotations for a given mailbox.  That's how it
worked with dovecot 1.1 anyway.

The way the mailbox and annotation name are translated into a dict key is not
ideal, but I'd prefer to get the annotations working with 1.2 before trying
to improve this (e.g. so that the pattern could become somethng like
shared/$mailbox/$key).

  Bernhard

--
Bernhard Herzog  |  ++49-541-335 08 30  |  http://www.intevation.de/