[Dovecot] imap segfaults in dovecot 1.2 on logout

Sascha Wilde wilde at intevation.de
Wed Oct 15 19:37:49 EEST 2008

Bernhard Herzog <bh at intevation.de> writes:
> On 15.10.2008, Bernhard Herzog wrote:
>> I recall having a similar problem with the Annotation plugin.  IIRC it had
>> something to do with not unregistering commands properly when the plugin
>> was unloaded.  In that case the array of known commands retains dangling
>> pointers to the names of the commands that point to the unloaded shared
>> object file.
>
> I think this is indeed the case with the ACL plugin if it is patched to
> implement the ACL IMAP commands, as is the case in the kolab branch.  The
> commands are only unregistered if acl_next_hook_mail_storage_created != NULL.
> Now that variale is set in acl_plugin_init but there's no guarantee that it
> will always be != NULL afterwards.  If the ACL plugin is the first plugin to
> change hook_mail_storage_created, acl_next_hook_mail_storage_created will be
> NULL after acl_plugin_init has been executed and registered the commands, but
> the deinit function will not unregister the commands.

Yes, I came to the same conclusion.  I checked in a fix to the
acl-branch[0] as well as to the generic kolab-branch[1] repository.

cheers
sascha

[0] http://hg.intevation.org/kolab/dovecot-1.2_acl-branch/
[1] http://hg.intevation.org/kolab/dovecot-1.2_kolab-branch/
--
Sascha Wilde                                          OpenPGP key: 4BB86568
http://www.intevation.de/~wilde/                  http://www.intevation.de/