[Dovecot] deliver not picking up INDEX setting?

Tim Bishop tim-lists at bishnet.net
Sat Oct 18 15:54:23 EEST 2008

I'm using the post-login script approach to give more customisation to
where our users can store their mail. It detects the location and type
of the mailbox at runtime and passes it through using the environment to
imapd. This works great.

However, I can't seem to make deliver do the same. I pass it the same
MAIL and NAMESPACE settings in the environment:

MAIL=maildir:/home/cur/tdb/Maildir:INDEX=/var/state/dovecot-indexes/tdb
NAMESPACE_1=maildir:/home/cur/tdb/Maildir:INDEX=/var/state/dovecot-indexes/tdb
NAMESPACE_1_INBOX=1
NAMESPACE_1_LIST=1
NAMESPACE_1_PREFIX=INBOX.
NAMESPACE_1_SEP=.
NAMESPACE_1_SUBSCRIPTIONS=1
NAMESPACE_1_TYPE=private
(plus some others set by my MTA)

So INDEX appears to be set correctly.

deliver does correctly pick up the mailbox location and has no trouble
delivering mail, but the indexes are put in the Maildir directory and
not under the indexes directory.

Is it possible to make deliver respect the INDEX setting?

Thanks,

Tim.

--
Tim Bishop