[Dovecot] Reporting NFS quotas via IMAP

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Oct 18 17:12:04 EEST 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-17 at 18:15 +0200, Edgar Fuß wrote:
> I'm confident that the question has been asked before, but I can't
> remember the answer.
>
> I have
> -- dovecot 1.1.2
> -- Mail storage (maildir format) on NFS
> -- Quotas on that file system
> -- A working rquotad
> -- mail_plugins = quota imap_quota in the protocol imap section
> -- quota=fs in the plugin section
>
> I get (using Apple Mail as a client)
> -- Notification that the account supports quotas
> -- No information about the size of the quota nor the usage

Try with manual IMAP commands instead:

telnet localhost 143
a login user pass
b getquotaroot inbox

Does it return correct output? IIRC some clients (maybe Apple Mail?) had
problems listing quota if quota root was empty. If that's the case,
change it (quota = maildir:userquota).

If the getquotaroot doesn't return quota correctly (or at all), set
mail_debug=yes and see what it logs.