[Dovecot] New userdb backend for checkpassword like programs

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Oct 20 22:40:33 EEST 2008

On Oct 20, 2008, at 10:19 PM, Sascha Wilde wrote:

> Ok, you convinced me that your concept has the advantage of forcing
> the
> checkpassword script author to try to implement all aspects of the
> spec.
..
> After all, nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.  ;-)

Sure, but I like it better if it's foolproof to at least less talented
fools :)

Ever since I took these Human-Computer-Interfacing classes I've
started thinking about ways to make things more easier (and
foolproof). There was this one example about how difficult it was to
design a web page (about 10 years ago) that told the user to maximize
the browser window and then click continue button to start the web
application. Most people succeeded initially but getting the rest of
the people to succeed was a lot more difficult. Unfortunately I don't
have the URL for that page now. Anyway I think those people who failed
at first could be thought of as fools, but with some more design it
was possible to make it foolproof :)