[Dovecot] displaying IMAP folders that are in ~/mail/ at same level as inbox

David London d.london at live.com
Tue Oct 21 08:41:31 EEST 2008

Hi,

We are moving our current IMAP based system to a new one with dovecot

All I can get about the current IMAP (imapd) system is:
IMAP4rev1 v12.264

dovecot version is:
1.0.rc15

In the existing system I can see IMAP folders that are in ~/mail/ with many mail clients (e.g. Thunderbird, Outlook, Seamonkey and horde).  These folders are presented in the client software as being at the same level as the inbox - i.e. not inside the folder "mail"

On the new system, horde webmail shows the other folders in ~/mail/ as being at the same level as the inbox.  But ... all the other mail clients above now show a folder (directory) called mail with the imap folders inside.

Is there some way to set this up so these other mail clients see the imap folders in ~/mail/ as being at the same level as the inbox as we have on the old server?

Thanks,

David