[Dovecot] Per user mail quota via LDAP [SOLVED]

Proskurin Kirill k.proskurin at fxclub.org
Tue Oct 21 10:21:07 EEST 2008

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> By mail_uid, mail_gid and mail_location I meant the settings in
> dovecot.conf. And by "attribute templates" I also didn't mean adding a
> new field but kind of kludging around with the user_attrs syntax. So you
> don't need to add any more fields to LDAP.

Oh - then i last time read http://wiki.dovecot.org/AuthDatabase/LDAP I
don`t see this example of mixing static and dynamic LDAP. I edit
user_attrs to this:

user_attrs = mailQuotaSize=quota_rule=*:storage=%$M
,=uid=1002,=gid=1002,=home=/var/spool/dovecot/domains/%d/%n

And it is work! Thank you Timo. Ans sorry for wasting your time.

Could you answer last one question about quotas.I ask it in
http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2008-October/034431.html

If make it short:

I don`t understand how quota warning script is work.
In examples i see this:

#!/bin/bash
PERCENT=$1
echo "Your mailbox is now $PERCENT% full." | /usr/sbin/sendmail "$USER"

Its work - but mail have "mail from" header of my dovecot system user. I
want send this from "postmaster" for example. How can i do this?
What $USER mean? As I understand it is a system env what mean current
loged user. As I understand right - dovecot put were a overquoted user?

I try to edit it to this:

/usr/bin/mail -s test "$USER" -f postmaster at domain.off

But it is still have "mail from" of my system dovecot user.

--
Best regards,
Proskurin Kirill