[Dovecot] Proxying pop3 sessions into an imap one.

Diego Liziero diegoliz at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 22:18:01 EEST 2008

I know it seems at least unusual.

But I would like to know if someone knows a software that can proxy
multiple pop3 and imap connections to the same account and use only
imap connections to the real server.

I need it because I've to deal with two pieces of software that are
out of my control:

- 1 - A certified mail provider that states something that I would
like to know if it's really true, or if it's worth keeping like a
funny signature: "multiple imap sessions are possible. When an imap
session is active, no pop3 connections are possible on the same
account; when no imap connection is active, only one pop3 connection
at a time is possible on the same account. This is a limitation of the
pop3 protocol."

- 2 - A software written to deal with certified mails that supports
only pop3 used by many people on the same account, (and the same
account is used also by multiple imap mail readers).

Regards,
Diego.