[Dovecot] New userdb backend for checkpassword like programs

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Oct 22 20:30:12 EEST 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-22 at 16:15 +0200, Sascha Wilde wrote:
> Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> writes:
>
> > The code is now in dovecot-1.2 tree.
>
> Thank you, that's great!  The only thing I'm missing is the addition to
> the example.conf I made.  (I have to admit it was only a stub, though)

http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.2/rev/4497c58eaca8 adds some other
missing changes too. I also decided to change AUTHORIZED=YES to
AUTHORIZED=1 initially. I did also think about yes -> done or yes ->
userdb or something similar, but 1 -> 2 seemed the best.

> There are more than 250LOC in deliver/auth-client.c and I wonder if
> there is already a higher level api for auth clients?  I would have
> expected something like this in lib-auth, but the stuff in there seems
> not to be what I'm looking for.  Any hints?

plugins/expire-tool/auth-client.c has copy&pasted that code also.. So it
would be nice if it was put to lib-auth :)