[Dovecot] dovecot 1.0 to 1.1 upgrade and filesystem separators

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Oct 22 20:35:03 EEST 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-22 at 13:43 +0100, Ian Thurlbeck wrote:
> #define MAILDIR_FS_SEP ';'
> #define MAILDIR_FS_SEP_S ";"
>
> so I can get some mail folder hierarchy and '.'s in
> folder names - this all worked perfectly.
>
> Under 1.1.4 the MAILDIR_FS_SEP lines are no longer present.
>
> What is the current practice for doing what I was doing before ?

src/lib-storage/list/mailbox-list-maildir.c

struct mailbox_list maildir_mailbox_list = {
	MEMBER(name) MAILBOX_LIST_NAME_MAILDIRPLUSPLUS,
	MEMBER(hierarchy_sep) '.',

Change hierarchy_sep to ';'.

A better long-term plan would be to use listescape plugin:
http://dovecot.org/patches/1.1/listescape-plugin.c

That of course requires that you rename all the existing maildirs.