[Dovecot] Problems with the pop3 part of dovecot

Heiko Schlichting dovecot-l at fu-berlin.de
Sun Oct 26 23:04:17 EET 2008

> On Sunday 26 of October 2008, Heiko Schlichting wrote:
> > Brandon,
> >
> > > I did modify exim to add the W=size but it also required use_crlf and
> > > that seemed to break something else.
> >
> > You can configure Exim to write ,W=vsize even without use_crlf. Configuring
> >
> >     {,S=$message_size,W=${eval:$message_size + $message_linecount + 3}}
> >
> > within maildir_tag setting of exim works especially well for me.
>
> Hm, does it count correctly?

Yes, but it might be necessary to adjust the constant (3) for a different
environment. The 3 assumes that the options return_path_add and
delivery_date_add are both set. Together with the separator line between
header and body, which is not counted by exim, the constant has to the 3.

If someone adds or remove headers conditionally during delivery things
become more complicated.

Heiko

Heiko Schlichting          Freie Universität Berlin
heiko at FU-Berlin.DE         Zentraleinrichtung für Datenverarbeitung (ZEDAT)
Telefon +49 30 838-54327   Fabeckstraße 32
Telefax +49 30 838454327   14195 Berlin