[Dovecot] dovecot expire doesn't work (?)

LÉVAI Dániel leva at ecentrum.hu
Mon Oct 27 15:26:50 EET 2008

Hi!

I'm using dovecot-1.1.5 and trying to make the expire plugin work.
What I've configured in dovecot.conf is the following:

protocol imap,pop3,lda {
	mail_plugins = [...] expire
}

dict {
	expire = db:/var/dovecot/expire/expire.db
}

plugin {
   expire = spamassassin/SPAM 2 spamassassin/HAM 2
   expire_dict = proxy::expire
}

I have a sieve rule, to copy certain messages to my "spamassassin/SPAM"
folder. Then I want to expire those messages after 2 days (I think I've
configured that under the plugin{} section in dovecot.conf).
So the actual message saving is done by the dovecot's deliver, but I
have the plugin loaded under the "protocol lda {}" section too.
So I thought now I just have to wait 2 days, and run the expire-tool,
and then it will expire the messages.
Now I have three messages dated back to 10.25, but running the
expire-tool outputs nothing.
# dovecot --exec-mail ext /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/expire-tool --test

Nothing in the logfiles, and nothing on the console. I have the
/var/dovecot/expire directory:
# ls -la /var/dovecot/expire/
total 1640
drwx------  2 root  wheel       512 Oct 26 19:47:53 2008 ./
drwxr-x---  3 root  wheel       512 Oct 27 07:57:42 2008 ../
-rw-------  1 root  wheel     24576 Oct 27 13:00:01 2008 __db.001
-rw-------  1 root  wheel     57344 Oct 27 13:00:01 2008 __db.002
-rw-------  1 root  wheel    270336 Oct 27 13:00:01 2008 __db.003
-rw-------  1 root  wheel     98304 Oct 27 13:00:01 2008 __db.004
-rw-------  1 root  wheel     49152 Oct 27 13:00:01 2008 __db.005
-rw-------  1 root  wheel     32768 Oct 26 19:47:37 2008 expire.db
-rw-------  1 root  wheel  10485760 Oct 27 14:22:08 2008 log.0000000001

It contains the familiar BDB files, so I think it works, although the
expire.db's modify time is yesterday, but deliver saved some messages
also today to the spamassassin/SPAM folder.

What could be the problem? Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Daniel

--
LEVAI Daniel