[Dovecot] New %%h variable for shared namespaces (was: New generic userdb lookup api)

Sascha Wilde wilde at intevation.de
Tue Oct 28 15:11:56 EET 2008

Sascha Wilde <wilde at intevation.de> writes:
> Ok, as discussed I have made some changes (hopefully improvements) in
> the new "auth-master" API for userdb requests...

And using this new I finally put a first alpha version of the missing
%%h variable for shared name spaces together.

See http://hg.intevation.org/kolab/dovecot-1.2_kolab-branch/rev/e83efa40a1dc

With this it is possible to define a name space like this:

namespace shared {
  separator = /
  prefix = users/%%u/
  location = Maildir:/%%h/maildir
  subscriptions = no
}

where %%h is substituted with the home directory of user %%u, which is
needed e.g. when the mail location is configured as:

mail_location = maildir:~/maildir

cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde                                          OpenPGP key: 4BB86568
http://www.intevation.de/~wilde/                  http://www.intevation.de/