[Dovecot] Dovecot and quota enforcement - only reporting?

dovecot at corwyn.net dovecot at corwyn.net
Wed Oct 29 16:12:15 EET 2008

Still no answer to my original question of what exactly updates
maildirsize? Is that also the dovecot LDA?

At 06:14 AM 10/29/2008, Charles Marcus wrote:
>On 10/28/2008, dovecot at corwyn.net (dovecot at corwyn.net) wrote:
> > I'm running Postfix, with Dovecot on top. Uses check mail via
> > Outlook/IMAP, or Web/Squirrelmail.
>
>Postfix is an MTA (Mail Transfer Agent). It has its own built in
>'Delivery Agents' - LDA (Local Delivery Agent) and VDA (Virtual Delivery
>Agent). A barebones postfix install will use one of these.

I'm using virtual delivery in postfix (mysql users). Postfix is
running the default delivery agent:
mailbox_command =

So the only way to get quota enforcing with Dovecot is to have
Postfix use the dovecot LDA?

And from the wiki it indicates:

dovecot_destination_recipient_limit = 1
virtual_mailbox_domains = your.domain.here
virtual_transport = dovecot

but I'm currently running multiple domains. How does
virtual_mailbox_domains configure to handle that?

Rick