[Dovecot] Variable substitution and folder separator problems, WAS: First release (v0.1.0) of the new Sieve

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Wed Oct 29 22:35:11 EET 2008

sergey ivanov schreef:
> Hi Stephan,
> I've tried dovecot-sieve cmusieve with at the same place.
> As I can see, both problems I've though to be in libsieve, actually
> are that of dovecot.
> Both plugins do not expand variables like %n, %h, %u.
> But just filename works, - if I've set
> ---
> sieve = sievescript
> ---
> then both have used ~/sievescript file, like:
> ---
> deliver(seriv): Oct 29 20:14:08 Info: sieve: using sieve path:
> /home/seriv/sievescript
> deliver(seriv): Oct 29 20:14:08 Info: sieve: opening script
> /home/seriv/sievescript
> deliver(seriv): Oct 29 20:14:08 Info: sieve: executing compiled script
> /home/seriv/sievescript
> ---
> Buth implementations don't work wihth slashes. I took a piece of sieve
> script from working installation of dovecot-1.1.2 with Maildirs, and
> here on dovecot-1.2-alpha3 I have default mail location with inbox as
> mbox in /var/spool/log/mail/<user> and Maildir in
> /home/<user>/Maildir.
>
> I should test cmusieve before reporting these as libsieve bugs, I'm sorry.
No problem. I think for obtaining further support you should post the
output of dovecot -n here.

To spot problems with sieve script paths more quickly, I've added some
debug messages that are printed to the log when mail_debug=yes. Some of
these are actually already similarly present in cmusieve, but were
probably added after I copied this particular section of code. Maybe
this helps to spot your problem.

Regards,

--
Stephan Bosch