[Dovecot] FTS index generation

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Oct 30 00:43:13 EET 2008

On Oct 25, 2008, at 8:47 AM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>> Hi folks.  I'm experimenting with the Squat plugin.  I can execute
>> search commands via direct interaction with IMAP, but I never see the
>> expected dovecot.index.search index file appear in the spool.  I'm
>> concerned that I've misconfigured something that is preventing the
>> creation of those indices.  Is there a facility to have the squat
>> plugin generate debugging messages so I can see what it's doing?
>
> 1. Set mail_debug=yes. It should log about loading fts and fts_squat
> plugins.
>
> 2. Do you have fts=squat set in plugin section?

   It looks like it's loading the plugins successfully:

ILoading modules from directory: /usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap
IModule loaded: /usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap/lib20_fts_plugin.so
IModule loaded: /usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap/lib21_fts_squat_plugin.so

   ...yet those index files still do not appear.  Any ideas on how to
pursue this further?

   (this is with 1.1.4, by the way...I'm compiling 1.1.6 now)

            Thanks,
            -Dave

--
Dave McGuire