[Dovecot] Startup info message

Athan Dimoy foxx at freemail.gr
Thu Oct 30 11:02:43 EET 2008

Hi folks,

I'm using the latest Dovecot 1.16 with Postfix for my FreeBSD box. Since
v1.1.4
(if i remember correctly), the following message is displayed whenever
starting Dovecot.

"Info: If you have trouble with authentication failures, enable auth_debug
setting. See http://wiki.dovecot.org/WhyDoesItNotWork"

Besides that, Dovecot works great but I wonder what this message is all
about. I've
searched wiki and mailing list but didn't find anything related.

PS: I removed Dovecot removing all stalled files and directories and
reinstalled it from scratch. Still the message is displayed whenever it
starts.

Any idea?

Athan