[Dovecot] dovecot -n - provide sys info too? - WAS: Re: Dovecot read only for users

John Lightsey jd at cpanel.net
Thu Oct 30 21:02:15 EET 2008

On Oct 29, 2008, at 12:39 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> First however it checks for /etc/lsb-release and if it exists, prints
> DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION contents. I guess Ubuntu is the only distro
> currently using that file..

A little late, but I don't see any mention of /etc/lsb-release in the
LSB specification.  You probably want the output of /usr/bin/
lsb_release -d

root at jd.dev:/# /usr/bin/lsb_release -d

jd at macbook:~$ /usr/bin/lsb_release -d

The lsb_release binary has been in the specification since version 1.0.