[Dovecot] How do I move delete messages to Trash?

Robert S robert.spam.me.senseless at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 11:41:11 EEST 2008

I've recently replaced courier-imap with dovecot - mainly for
performance benefits.  All of my users in the office use Outlook
Express.  It appears that dovecot has no facility to move deleted
messages to a Trash folder - where they can be removed after a
specified time with a cronjob.

Other mail clients seem to have an option to specify a Trash folder.

I see that there's a deleted-to-trash plugin at
http://wiki.dovecot.org/Plugins/deleted-to-trash but I've got no idea
as to how I'd implement this.

Could somebody please give me some pointers?

I realise that OE might not be the best mail client for implementing
IMAP but that's what everyone in the office uses!