[Dovecot] Virtual users, postfix and dovecot deliver LDA

Petri Asikainen paca at sci.fi
Mon Sep 1 15:15:54 EEST 2008

Thanks I got it working.

my dovecot-ldap.conf is end of mail in case anyone is interested.

Couple of notes, I have to leave uid and gid mappings here (user_filter)
or I got setuid related error messages.

userdb is queried with email address when lda got mail to deliver. and
with username when user connects to mailbox. So theres need
"complex" user_filter.

Theres probably no need to use pass_filter when auth_bind = yes.

Cheers,

Petri

hosts = 172.16.0.2
base = ou=Oppilaitokset,dc=skao,dc=local
pass_filter = (&(objectClass=Person)(sAMAccountName=%u))
user_filter = (&(objectClass=Person)(|(mail=%u)(sAMAccountName=%u)))
ldap_version = 3
auth_bind = yes
auth_bind_userdn = domain\%u
dn = domain_postfix at domain.local
user_attrs =
sAMAccountName=user,sAMAccountName=home=/var/spool/vmail/%$,=gid=12,=uid=1001