[Dovecot] v1.1.3 release candidate

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Sep 1 18:50:25 EEST 2008

On Sep 1, 2008, at 6:42 PM, Marc Perkel wrote:

> If however I restart dovecot then the message count goes to 0 and
> everyhing works for a few more hours.
>
> Restarting dovecot fixes the problem. Hope this gives you enought
> info to find the bug. 1.0.x didn't have this problem.

I'm pretty sure you get the same result as "restart dovecot" by simply
causing Thunderbird to reconnect to the server. Are you sure the
problem is Dovecot v1.0 vs v1.1 instead of a new Thunderbird version
breaking?

Anyway I can't think of anything that would cause Dovecot to do
something like this. But you could enable rawlog in Dovecot (http://wiki.dovecot.org/Debugging/Rawlog
) and see if Dovecot replies wrong to STATUS commands (or something
else).