[Dovecot] umask and mails

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI eduardo at kalinowski.com.br
Wed Sep 3 14:08:39 EEST 2008

Nicolas Letellier wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I would like to have rights like 750 in my mailboxes
> (in /var/mail/vmails/domain.tld/user).
>
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/DovecotServerInstallations/RHEL/2_Users?highlight=(mask)
>
> I see an option called umask (in dovecot.conf). I set umask = 0750 in
> dovecot.conf.
>
> This option add good rights to directories, but not to the mail
> received (always in 700).
>
> Do you have a solution?

That setting is deprecated, don't use it (it does not work anyway).

Create a file named 'dovecot-shared' in each of your folders, give it
the mode you want your files to have, and files will be created with
that mode. See http://wiki.dovecot.org/SharedMailboxes for details.

--
Pure drivel tends to drive ordinary drivel off the TV screen.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo at kalinowski.com.br
http://move.to/hpkb