[Dovecot] Error starting dovecot

Christopher J. Buckley chris at cjbuckley.net
Sat Sep 6 20:31:04 EEST 2008

> Ok. thanks for that. I will try to contact Canonical about this issue.

The ubuntu forums are a good start; perhaps even the package maintainer
might spot your post. Else, if its a bug, create a bug report in
Canonical's Launchpad (NB: Bugzila/Launchpaid is NOT a replacement for
the support process).

> I know can see that the person who installed the server didn't have a
> clue what he was doing...

They just choose the wrong operating system.  I would suggest that if
this is a commercial server with mission critical apps, you contact a
commercial Operating System Vendor who can advise you the right OS and
packages to install/run. This, of course, will be backed by a full
support process.

Good luck!

--
Kind Regards,           ::   http://www.cjbuckley.net/