[Dovecot] Cosmetic issue with dots in Maildir folder names

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Sep 8 00:43:31 EEST 2008

On Sep 8, 2008, at 12:37 AM, Holger Weiss wrote:

> Just a minor cosmetic issue: We use the listescape plugin in order to
> support "." characters in Maildir++ folder names, and in at least the
> following case, the escaped representation of the dot character
> ("\2e")
> won't be translated back to a "." in messages for the IMAP client:
>
> | 1 SELECT non.existent
> | 1 NO Mailbox doesn't exist: non\2eexistent

Well .. I guess the plugin could guess that any \2e (and the few other
escapes) in any error string could be converted back, but I don't
think it's really worth the trouble since normally a client wouldn't
ever issue such a command that gives an error..

There's a similar problem also if you're using namespace prefixes.
They're dropped from the error messages. Maybe when I some day manage
to solve that somehow this listescape problem might get solved at the
same time. :)