[Dovecot] antispam plugin problem with dspam

Damian Lubosch dl at pless.xiqit.de
Mon Sep 8 13:29:10 EEST 2008

Harlan Stenn schrieb:
> I'm trying to use the dovecot antispam plugin with dspam.
>
> I'm running dovecot 1.1.2.
>
> Using thunderbird and IMAP, when I drag a spam message from the inbox
> into the SPAM folder, I get a popup saying "The current command did not
> succeed.  The mail server responded: antispam signature not found.
>
> When I look at the message in the maildir folder, I see the dspam
> signature both in the header of the message and at the end of the body.
>
> What's a good way to debug this situation and figure things out?  I'm
> not seeing anything in any log files, and I'm not seeing much in the way
> of debug capability in the dovecot antispam plugin.
>
> Harlan

Hi!

I have the same problem right now. I tripple checked all the config
files. First, I was using dovecot 1.1.1 (which could not work, as I read
in the archives), then tried it with 1.1.3 and now with version 1.1.2.
I have a virtual mail setup with postfix, mysql, dspam, amavis-new,
clamav and spamassassin.

The problem seems that the antispam plugin cannot run the dspam binary,
although its path is properly specified (in my case on DragonFlyBSD in
/usr/pkg/bin/dspam). With debug to syslog all variables are shown in as
they should.

The plugin also reacts when I try to move the spam-mail to the Spam
folder. (I redefined the SPAM-folder to be called Spam)

If I reassamble the command on the shell (I need to add --user
dl at pless... to the command with the signature) , dspam retrains the
message in its database.

So it seems that dovecot seemed not to be able to run dspam. I enabled a
shell (temporarly) for dovecot and run dspam from there, and it
succeeded. It just doesn't work from the plugin.

What could I check next? I really like the idea behind the plugin and
would like have it working.

I am using the antispam git-version from 7. Sept. 2008.

Thanks in advance
Damian