[Dovecot] Error in Sieve + Dovecot 1.1.3

Allan Cassaro allan.cassaro at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 21:45:04 EEST 2008

Hi,

when I upgrade my dovecot to lastest version (from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3) and
sieve plugins I discover a little problem in deliver (LDA) or in Sieve
interface.

With version 1.1.1 I have this in my dovecot.conf (and works fine)

protocol lda {
  postmaster_address = root at mct.gov.br
  hostname = faraday.mct.gov.br
  mail_debug = no
  mail_plugins = cmusieve quota
  sieve_global_dir = /etc/dovecot/scriptssieve/
  sieve = /home/%u/.dovecot.sieve
}

When I upgrade, the deliver/LDA stop to work and show me this message (in logs):
deliver(acassaro): cmusieve: /home/%u/.dovecot.sieve doesn't exist

So, when I change the "sieve" parameter, everything works fine again.

protocol lda {
  postmaster_address = root at mct.gov.br
  hostname = faraday.mct.gov.br
  mail_debug = no
  mail_plugins = cmusieve quota
  sieve_global_dir = /etc/dovecot/scriptssieve/
  sieve = ~/.dovecot.sieve
}

So, I don't know if this error is on LDA or Sieve patch (probably in
sieve patch)

Versions:
dovecot-1.1.3
dovecot-sieve-1.1.5