[Dovecot] Version Mismatch

Wed Sep 10 14:00:38 EEST 2008

On 9/9/2008, Kilburn Abrahams (kilburna at iserv.net.au) wrote:
> I upgraded to 1.1.3, and have my logs turned off for some time, but
> turned it back on when someone complained about moving emails. I saw
> this in the logs. Seems strange. Using gentoo on AMD 64 bit. All is
> working fine, but is this a cause for alarm.

Uh... Yeah?

> dovecot: Jun 05 17:10:32 Fatal: imap-login: Dovecot version mismatch:
> Master is v1.1.rc6, login is v1.1.rc8 (if you don't care, set
> version_ignore=yes)

Are you serious? You don't think it would be bad to be running Master
and Login processes from a version that is older than what you have
installed?

NEITHER of these are the correct version.

Methinks your dovecot setup is hosed. Maybe you did some installs
directly from source and forgot? Or used some custom ebuilds?

--

Best regards,

Charles