[Dovecot] Panic in Dovecot 1.1.3: index-mail.c: line 1091: assertion failed: (!mail->data.destroying_stream)

Peter Eriksson peter at ifm.liu.se
Wed Sep 10 16:46:21 EEST 2008

Some more debugging info that might be useful (or might not, but I
figure I'd include it here anyway):

I started the 'imap' process manually from withing Suns 'dbx'
debugger and enabled memory checking:

> setenv MAIL maildir:/home/peter/Maildir
> dbx /ifm/pkg/dovecot/1.1.3-cc-32-debug-opt/libexec/dovecot/imap
> (dbx) check -all
> access checking - ON
> memuse checking - ON
> (dbx) run
> Running: imap
> (process id 8574)
> RTC: Enabling Error Checking...
> RTC: Running program...
> * PREAUTH [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 SASL-IR SORT THREAD=REFERENCES
MULTIAPPEND UNSELECT LITERAL+ IDLE CHILDREN NAMESPACE LOGIN-REFERRALS
UIDPLUS LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1] Logged in as peter
> 1 select inbox
> Read from uninitialized (rui):
> Attempting to read 4 bytes at address 0xffbff288
>     which is 216 bytes above the current stack pointer
> stopped in maildir_open (optimized) at line 429 in file
"maildir-storage.c"
>  429           if (stat(t_strconcat(path, "/dovecot-shared", NULL),

Might be a false alarm, but might be worth checking out anyway.

(This is when running a 32 bit version which seems to work
just fine normally).

I'm having some problems starting the 64 bit versions under the
debugger currently (go figure)...

- Peter