[Dovecot] Support of client specific flags?

Steinar Bang sb at dod.no
Wed Sep 10 20:50:11 EEST 2008

Gnus use a lot of custom flags to represent the messages state
wrt. Gnus.

How well are these flags supported in dovecot?  How fast are access to
them?  (Ie. will dovecot have to open the message and parse the headers)

Are they supported when using imapsync to transfer messages from a
different IMAP server?  (I guess I'll find out soon, because I'm using
imapsync to transfer messages from a cyrus imap daemon to a dovecot one,
as I'm writing this)