[Dovecot] Question about subfolders

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Wed Sep 10 15:58:26 EEST 2008

Hi,

I've got an old dovecot installation (0.99.10.5) which
is used as the back-end for a squirrelmail web mailer.
Now I need to decide whether to update it to a newer
version of dovecot or to switch to a different software.

One feature that I really need is to be able to place
messages and subfolders in a folder at the same time.
This is with mbox format files (I can't use maildir).
The old version of dovecot doesn't seem to support that,
you can have either subfolders or messages in a folder,
but not both.

Does the current version 1.1.3 support it?

Best regards
   Oliver

PS:  Please CC me because I'm not subscribed to the
list.  Thank you very much!