[Dovecot] NFS performance and 1.1.3 - what can you (unofficially) get away with?

Jack Stewart jstewart at caltech.edu
Wed Sep 10 23:43:17 EEST 2008

Thanks. I would like to give the patches a try.

I've removed all of the redhat patches except for the one that tells
dovecot where to find the certs (why does redhat use pki? why?) but I
haven't installed this version yet. Are there any build/configure
twiddles that might help?

Just as an update, I tried 1.1.3 with the nfs settings below. At first,
it was horrid. Then I deleted the old index cache files. Now it seems to
be working well (with webmail - major service is not yet moved). The
load is under 1.

I've managed to descend into the twilight zone yet again. Just rolling
one server and just rolling webmail for now - we'll see where it goes.

---Jack

--
Jack Stewart
jstewart at caltech.edu / 626-395-4690