[Dovecot] Support of client specific flags?

Steinar Bang sb at dod.no
Thu Sep 11 16:55:44 EEST 2008

> The flag information is stored in the index, and for Maildir backends
> the first 26 flags are stored in the filename as well. In other words,
> access to flags is pretty dang fast, and for Maildir storage, never
> requires opening the message or parsing headers.

Ok, good!  I'm using maildir.
(while I like the simplicity of mbox folders, I have some archive
folders with up to 30k articles, and maildir sounded a lot better for
these)

[snip!]
> Large numbers of keywords (esp. more than 26), though, hasn't been
> tested a whole lot, but should be reasonably fast (largely because of
> the index and cache files).

While I don't have the exact number, I don't think Gnus nnimap uses more
than 26 total.

So that sounds good.

Thanx for the information!

- Steinar