[Dovecot] Panic in Dovecot 1.1.3: index-mail.c: line 1091: assertion failed: (!mail->data.destroying_stream)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Sep 11 18:13:02 EEST 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-11 at 15:13 +0200, Peter Eriksson wrote:

> Anyway, I've set up a small test case that tries to mimic the code in
> question (attached). Build with either of the following commands:

I simplified it further, attached. The interesting thing is that this
bug shows up only when destroyed is a bitfield. For example:

unsigned char destroyed; -> ok
unsigned int destroyed; -> ok
unsigned int destroyed:1; -> fail
unsigned int destroyed:8; -> fail
unsigned int destroyed:31; -> fail
unsigned int destroyed:32; -> ok

This feels like a compiler bug to me. Any ideas where this could be
reported to? :)

> What makes me a bit worried is if there are other parts of Dovecot that
> uses similar coding that might trigger similar problem again in the
> futured.

Possibly.