[Dovecot] SSL fields as variables for SQL statements ...

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Sep 11 18:42:30 EEST 2008

On Wed, 2008-09-03 at 01:54 +0200, XhE wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if there is any possibility to access the status if a
> user has provided a certificate, that has been accepted or not via
> variables. And further if there is any way to get the value of SSL
> certificate fields by use variables. I'd like to use those variables in
> sql statements.
>
> I then could assign a single certificate to a user, and make up passdb
> sql statements, that allow him to access multiple (but not all)
> mailboxes without the need to issue any further certificates.

It does sound like a nice idea, but you'd have to modify sources for
that. The best I could do in short notice is to make "did user present a
certificate?" variable available. Other than that would require sending
the entire certificate (or at least its fields) to dovecot-auth process
and that's not done right now.