[Dovecot] ACL plugin

Matvey Soloviev blackhole89 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 19:18:15 EEST 2008

> Did you also notice my "Initial support for shared
> mailboxes" message from yesterday?
No, unfortunately I didn't; I only joined the mailing list on the day I sent
this message. It sounds like it could be relevant to the topic though; could
you provide me with a breakdown of what it is about?

> not very well tested
Well, I'll be inevitably running some stress tests myself, but yes,
including it in the official test chain once it is done would be a
fundamentally good thing to do.

Would a facility to modify global ACLs through IMAP commands be required or
of any use at all? From what I gather, nothing like that is mentioned
anywhere in the RFC. As it is now, I am having the writing commands
influence only the referenced mailboxes' local ACLs - however, should global
ACLs be present, this is bound to result in somewhat irrational-seeming
behaviour - should I go through with my current approach of storing the ACL
data as present in acl_object_vfile.rights into the local dovecot-acl file,
global ACLs would, on the one hand, wind up being copied into it - on the
other hand, from the client's perspective, the ACLs defined by the global
file would appear to be irremovable. What should I do about this?

Regards,
Matvey