[Dovecot] Expire Plugin

e-frog e-frog at gmx.de
Thu Sep 11 19:45:14 EEST 2008

 > Does it help if you run "unset HOME" and "unset MAIL" before running
 > expire-tool?
 >
 > Although I guess I should look into it why it's not working right. :)

Not really :)

Unsetting MAIL -> same result:

# dovecot --exec-mail ext /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/expire-tool --test
Info: maildir: data=/root/Maildir
Info: maildir++: root=/root/Maildir, index=, control=, inbox=/root/Maildir
Error: stat(/root/Maildir/.Trash/tmp) failed: Permission denied

Unsetting HOME in addition:

# dovecot --exec-mail ext /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/expire-tool --test
Info: maildir: data=/Maildir
Info: maildir++: root=/Maildir, index=, control=, inbox=/Maildir
Info: Trash: no messages left

So it seems to use the home directory from the user executing the
expire-tool.