[Dovecot] 1.1.3 panics

David McBride dwm at tastycake.net
Thu Sep 11 20:01:08 EEST 2008

Timo Sirainen wrote:

> What quota backend were you using? Could you post your entire dovecot -n
> output?

We were using the "fs" quota backend.

I'll be able to post our dovecot -n configuration output when I get back
to somewhere with proper bandwidth -- but the service configuration has
since changed in minor ways since the crash occured, and as it's now in
production I'm most reluctant to put it back!

> So if
>
> 1. mailbox is created
> 2. a new mail is APPENDed there
>
> it crashes? The deletion part is probably irrelevant to the crash?

I don't have a rawlog of the transaction involved, but unless Alpine is
doing something particularly interesting, then yes, that is the case.

I also agree that the deletion is almost certainly irrelevant to the crash.

Cheers,
David
--
David McBride <dwm at tastycake.net>