[Dovecot] error in 1.1.2

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Sep 11 21:03:58 EEST 2008

On Sep 11, 2008, at 9:00 PM, Jan van den Berg wrote:

> I've been following this thread: the bug is related with copying
> mail across NFS in combination with cache locking, right?
> Cor uses FBSD; but is this a bug that might impact other platforms
> as well?

The main bug here was that with lock_method=dotlock when cache file
was being compressed, it could have tried to lock the cache file
again, seeing that the .lock file already exists (created by itself)
and waiting for it until timeout and then overriding it and causing
the compression to fail. The OS or filesystem didn't matter.